The State of the Credit Market Zip Code

Says PPuri: In a lower growth environment, with a higher rate
environment, potentially a sustained higher inflation environment, tightening
financial conditions. I actually think in that 8 to 10% zip
code, that's a pretty good place to to to earn yield.
However, I do think that I think credit spreads are not
indicative of it. I think a lot of that yield is coming
from base rates, over 50% of it in most instances.
So I think you kind of got to be a little bit careful in terms of where you
are. And I suspect you're going to have
moments over the next sort of 12 months where there will be some good
amount of volatility. And that volatility can come from a
variety of places. But I think you'll continue to see some
margin degradation. And I think that that probably gives you
some moments to add more risk as well. But I think, you know, short duration,
well-capitalized businesses are a pretty good spot to live in that in that zip
code of 8 to 10%.

Comments